David W.E. Roberts

Default Building Regulations

"Dan delaMare-Lyon" wrote in message
I'm about to start sketching some ideas for our extension so that I
can go to the building control officers for an informal chat (now that
they do these things for free) before we get plans drawn up proper.

Anyone point me to the relevant docs that will detail wall thicknesses
etc that are required now - as it's been a long time since the house
was built, and I'm considering two option.

1. Brick built with slate roof as per house
2. Brick built base with wooden sides etc. and slate roof (as it will
look like the carport that's there and I know how cunning the planning
officers can be).

Cheers
Dan.

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...s/sectionhomep