william_b_noble

I'll second (or third? or 6th?) the Quincy recommendation - I paid $800 for
a rebuilt Quincy 5 HP setup around 15 years ago - 21 cfm at 160 psi with an
80 gallon (aprox) tank - great unit.

"Jon Elson" wrote in message

Frank J Warner wrote:

snip

one, too.

I got a Quincy 2-cylinder compressor at the scrap yard, and did a little
repair
work (replaced filter, new oil, new safety relief) and it runs fine. It
is so
quiet that I hardly mind being near it WITHOUT ear protectors. But, I
usually wear them anyway, because what the compressor is running is
much louder than the compressor itself. This is their 1-2 HP pump,
that puts out a little over 6 CFM at 90 PSI with a 2 HP motor turning it
at 900 RPM.

Jon