chester

I had a leak too and my hardwood floor swelled and buckled just as bad as
the laminates. There is a water proof laminate product that you could
submerge it under water without damage.

Well that is certainly true. Hardwoods will buckle when heavily wet. I
had this happenas as well (I guess I should learn to keep the water
where it belongs...). However, the swelling eventually went down
(mostly), to the point you cannot visually tell, and only can feel it
barley. And with wood, you had refinish numerous times, whereas with
laminate, you are out-of-luck.

Waterprrof laminate sounds interesting, but I just dont like the look of
laminates...