Ross Mac

"chester" wrote in message

I think you're right. My first microwave was a Litton and it lasted 17
years of heavy use and cost about $450. Do the math...maybe we are better
off now???
Ross

Yeah, $450 -now- is a lot (for me) to spend on a microwave. Back then,
that is like spending, well, a lot more (i have no idea about the dollar
relation). I had a sharp carosel I left at my last work place. I assume it
is still working. From ~1984. One dial.

Well Chester, that was the 70's when microwaves were new on the scene....now
they are much cheaper and in some cases better designed and nuke the food
faster.....have a great one, Ross