Greg O

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a space in my garage near my washer and dryer where I would like
to place a treadmill. It is a '70's house with basement on one
circuit. Am afraid running washer/dryer and treadmill will blow
circuit breaker.

Dryer is Gas, but there is a 220v plug right there, and would
neccesarilly be on a seperate circuit (right??) Is there some sort of
transformer plug type thing that I can plug into 220 v circuit plug,
then plug 110v treadmill into that circuit.

I don't want to start running new circuits, which of course would be
the correct answer here, just looking for a safe temporary solution.

The transformer large enough to run the motor on your tread mill would be
pretty large, and somewhat expensive.
If the 240 volt outlet is unused, get an electrician over to convert it over
to 120 volt. It should not be a big deal.
Greg