SteveB

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
"Kim"
wrote:
shot why not just rent one out or even use a roller. One more thing,
airless
uses a lot paint than a brush or roller so do you want to save paint or
time?

Hi Kim -

I am 57 and retired. I have the time - but want to save the aches and
pains of using a paint brush 8 hours a day :-)
I am not afraid of using time or money to do this job.
How about these roller systems that have a hose attached to a roller.
Are they easy to use? messy? do a good job?
I live in Tallahassee - weather is nice now - not much rain - house is
3000 square feet - all one floor with a few high gables - maybe 16 feet
high. The whole place is stained gray. I plan to latex stain it gray
again.

Harry

An update from the endless remodeler:

Today, we sprayed two ceiling coats in the casita at 2, one at 8 AM, and the
other at 2 PM.. (Our under construction garage apartment) My helper left
at three. We were done and cleaned up that fast.

In the morning, after we sprayed the first coat, we masked and taped my
living/dining room to airless spray it tomorrow morning. We were going to
roll it, and looked at each other and said, "Why?" We masked it off, and
tomorrow will spray a first coat in the morning, a second in the afternoon.
We will wait two days for the wall coat to dry, mask around the top of the
wall, and do the same thing in two days with the ceiling paint.

I don't know about you, but I hate rollering paint on walls or ceilings.
Particularly when an airless is available. I know what we did today would
have kicked my butt physically had we done it with rollers.

My daughter offered her Wagner Power Roller, which she swears by, but after
using an airless, you get spoiled to the speed of it all. Plus, with
spraying airless and backrolling, one gets a much better finished paint job
with less lines and less spots of thin or thick paint.

Don't know about the rest of you, but when it comes to putting on much more
than two gallons of paint, roller is a four letter word.

W-O-R-K !

Steve