Default Outdoor BBQ project

Hi,

Now that the weather is getting better, my thoughts are turning to the
great outdoors. Next on the list is an outdoor BBQ. I want to install
a 48" grill with a 2 burner cooktop. The plan is to build an island
rougly 10 feet long that would have counter space on wither side of the
grill and burners.

I am thinking along the lines of building a frame out of steel studs
and attaching 1/2" wonderboard to that. Fireproof and lightweight
(compared to masonry). Then what I am envisioning are stucco sides and
tile or stone counter tops.

With respect to the stucco sides, what is the preferred (best) way to
make sure that the stucco stays put on the wonderboard?

Thanks for the help.