raden

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
Tim Downie wrote:

As part of her duties as my back-up team when I'm running a long
distance race, my wife may need to boil up stuff for my consumption
in the car.
Because of the potential of severe midge attack, this may literally
have to be done in the car with the windows closed (so no gas or
other naked flame suggestions please) .
Would it be worth investing in a reasonably substantial inverter
(and where's the cheapest source for these) that can supply a
standard kettle or might a smaller one powering a 1kw caravan type
kettle be more reasonable/affordable.
Alternatively, are the any good 12V kettles or other electrically
heated pans worth considering. We will probably want to warm up soup
as well as make coffee/tea etc.
My car's a diesel people carrier with a reasonably substantial
battery. Would this cope with boiling a kettle every couple of hours
say or should I invest in a second battery?
Tim

i JUST REMEMBERD- i USED TO BREW UP WITH A CAL;OR GAS CAMPING STOVE IN
TEH BACK OF MY bEDFORD VAN.

DID YOU REALLY ?

--
geoff