The Natural Philosopher

Martin wrote:

Thanks Cic,
I was looking for heat proof paint today, could only find black from
Hammerite. The guy in the shop said any water based paint would be ok.

He is probably IMM then.

All painst are based on organic cacrriers of pigmnents. Few organics
stand up to much more than a couple of hundred degrees without
discoloration and degradation.

Distempere might work.

Or simply get some artists pitments and add to your cement render,

Martin.

"Cicero" wrote in message
. uk...

"Martin" wrote in message
om...

Hi Group,
I'm fitting a gas stove into the chimney opening in our front room.

The

spec of the stove states all surfaces should be at least 50mm from
non-combustible material. I would like to plaster the internal brick

walls

and paint them so as to have a smooth finish. So is plaster a
non-combustible material?

Thanks in advance,
Martin.

Paint may not be non-combustible, depending on what kind of paint you
choose. I think there were some bad house fires some years ago caused by
painted surfaces which allowed rapid fire spread. Check out the kind of
paint you intend using for its potential fire risk.

Cic.