jakdedert

wrote in message
ups.com...
put cd in tray, tried to listen to it, wouldn't work, can't get cd back
out. the tray spins all the way around, but makes some scraping
noises. this is a 6 disc carousel cd changer. anyone know any tricks
to get the cd out?

Unplug it, take the top off (usually four screws, two in each
side...sometimes one or more in the back), retrieve your CD. For some
reason, it's not on the tray anymore. The scraping noises are from some
movable part contacting the CD. That's dangerous to the CD and possibly the
mechanism.

My daughter once moved her stereo to another room and asked me to hook it
back up for her. I did, and upon powering up the system, the CD carousel
started making a racket and wouldn't play. She had carried the unit up the
stairs fully loaded with five disks. They got caught in the mechanism and
trashed a couple, along with a small plastic tab on the changer itself. I
had to do some creative fabrication of parts in order to get it to work
again.

Unplug it now....

jak