mac davis

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:21:46 +0000, wesf66
wrote:

I use a dowelmax doweling jig, and it works great. It can, however, be
quite time consuming. Are biscuits close to the same strength? They
look like they would be a lot faster, but I thought I'd ask a few
questions before paying a few hundred for a new tool. Are there
significant differances between buscuit jointers? Are there certain
features that I should look for?

I've ALWAYS used dowels and a doweling jig.. (30+ years)
and, I've always hated them but saw them as a necessary evil of some types of
joints..

Since getting the dewalt/craftsman b-joiner last year, I've put away my dowel
stuff in a deep, dark corner somewhere... IMO, biscuits make the dowel old
fashioned (not always a bad thing) and hard to align..

I seemed that no matter how precise I thought I was, (dowel jig, drill press,
etc.), some joints were just a bit off.. no problem with a biscuit, but hell
with a dowel..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing