Grant Erwin

But I need ideas for a replacement that doesn't sound like a friggin'
50-Cal going off in my workshop.

Any help and recommendations would be appreciated. Do mfrs put dBs on
their specs anymore?

-Frank

Don't throw it all the way away. Keep the air tank. It, anyway, should
be good for awhile, and should be fully warranted by Sears I mean K-Mart.

Next time ask *before* you buy! And don't buy anything unless you can hear
it run! (Yes, that rules out Homo Depo etc.)

I personally like Quincy compressors. They are made in the US, and they
are big and quiet, at least the big, quiet ones. I had a 1.5hp Sanborn
carpenter's rollaround and it sounded like an unmuffled WW1 fighter plane.
My Quincy hums along.

Start looking used in your area, for companies that are selling old ones.

Google for recent postings on what to look for.

GWE