riverthames

Default Potterton Puma 80 Pilot light always goes out - already changed the thermocouple

The permananet pilot light on my Puma 80 lights ok when holding in the
gas valve and sparking the piezo but it goes out when slowly releasing
even after a few minutes. Water pressure is above 1 bar.

Changed the thermocouple but the effects are the same.

The diagnostic flowchart says 'suspect overheat thermostat'. Where do
I find this?

I see from other postings on this forum that there may be a manual
reset on some overheat stats/boiler models but it is not clear if this
exists on the Puma 80?

Is this the correct line of attack or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks for your help - my wife is longing for a shower as the major
gardening activities have also just started!

riverthames