The Natural Philosopher

I basically agree with you entirely. I want/ need to get a
hard-standing for practical reasons, but I`d really like to know if
one kind of hard-standing will ad significantly to the house value,
whereas other(s) wouldn`t ad much. If it`s all going to ad the same
amount then I might as well just go for tarmac. But is it?

Tarmac ain't cheap, but to my mind, in a suburban context, its probably
the best IF LAID PROPERLY. wee
www.pavingexpert.com

Paviors are cheaper but twee and have their problenms

Concrete is plain ugly.

Flagstones are quite cool but expensive.

Gravel looks great in the country, but its a bit weird in suburbia.

I'd pay a little extra for a house with a well sorted drive AND decent
front garden.