Doctor Evil

"Holly, in France" wrote in message

Doctor Evil wrote in message
.

I know it was buy only expensive stuff, mainly Makita. Why
don't you buy Panasonic, they are more expensive than Makita?

They are also better, at least our cordless drill is, other peoples
mileage may vary - not yours of course cos you wouldn't buy one.
The Panasonic is about ten years old and is more powerful for and keeps
going longer between charges than the Makita, which is about three years
old. I suspect that is a difference in the battery quality/capacity.
Possibly also voltages, don;t know offhand and I'm not going out in the
snow to have a look! It's also heavier than the Makita and the chuck is
stiff, so I prefer the Makita or the little B&D. If I wanted a cordless
drill/driver for stuff around the house I would buy a B&D type product,
for regular use the more expensive ones are a better buy. Same with most
tools, horses for courses etc, you get what you pay for. I'm with Andy
all the way on this one. I don't suppose you're convinced :-)

You said it " horses for courses etc". That sums it up. An occasional DIYer
should not buy a Panasonic. And I agree they are quality, leaving Makita
standing. BTW, I have a 12v Bosch, which for ergonomics and lightness is
hard to beat. But is it Bosch and it falls out of the fixed drill position
to the highest toque setting. They are crap, I don't like them as they are
overpriced and under quality. Similar with DeWalt. May as well buy Skil and
B&D.

I know lots of tradesmen, I come in contact with them regularly and many
swear by Kress (Wickes). The woodworkers and kitchen fitters tend top go for
Makita, DeWalt and Trend. They are a frightened to change from those makes
even though many will tell you they have to get them repaired more often
than what they would like too.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download