.

In article , Jim Alexander
writes

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:06:15 -0000, "Jim Alexander"
wrote:

This is not the point that I was making. That was all about what
happens after the warranty has expired and the fact that the retailers
don't make the situation clear.

So, surprise surprise neatly full circle back your disigenuity about Miele
warranty and your insatiable desire for the final say so, just like the
other one.

What I was saying, mainly, was that the retailer of *any* product, quality
or cheapo,
washes his hands after the expiry of the sold warranty whether that is 12,
24 or 36 months and where the extended element is an manufacturers
extension, almost certainly after the unwritten "sale of goods" period
expires after 12 months.

Buy a quality product and you stand a very good chance of getting
redress even after the warranty expires assuming your claim has some
merit, the manufacturers have a reputation to think of, its a commercial
decision.

I personally have no expectation of redress after
the sold warranty period expires and that is factored into the purchasing
decision, nor in my frequent passages through DIY sheds have I ever been
aware of customers seeking redress over out of sold warranty cheapo power
tools.

As for the implication that my fellow cheapo or non Miele users have no
concern for the
environment, well that's the sort of arrogant assertion which is responsible
for some of the flak flying in your direction at the moment.

Thought you avoided DIY sheds anyway.

Jim A

--
David