The DISH Network installer finished installing the dishes in past
weekend. He installed two round dishes on the roof. Each dish has one
cable coming down and feed to one receiver (DISH 322 dual tuner
receiver).

One strange thing is that when the cable reaches the receiver, the
installer puts a device to split the cable into two. And those two
cables get connected to the back of the dual tuner receiver. I have a
feeling that each dish is supposed to have two cables coming down. The
installer might decide to combine the signal of those two cables into
one cable; then he only need to run one cable instead of two for each
dish. This way, he could use the existing two cables of my old DirecTV
oval dish without pulling new wire. This is just a guess. So far, I
don't see any difference in video/audio quality. I guess this is OK.
If what I think is correct, this means we may see a total of two or
four cables coming down from two round dishes depending on how the
installer decides to do at that day.

Just try to update this message thread and kind of closing it.

Jay Chan