Lurch

Default Help! RCD Keeps tripping on new wiring

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 19:42:54 GMT, in uk.d-i-y "Seri"
strung together this:

No insult what so ever, I know it's likely to be something silly like that.

Just checked and the neutral from the socket is wired into the shared
neutral bus bar, only the live is wired directly into the MCB.

Shared? You mean as in the one that the RCD feed, (top connections),
is taken from or the one that the load of the RCD connects to, i.e.
the one connected to the bottom of the RCD. It should be this one.

I should say that this is my first time doing anything like this (as if that
probably wasn't patently obvious already).

I've seen so called pros scratching their heads over this sort of
simple quandry!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.