Doctor Evil

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:36:01 -0000, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

What? It's a moving target.

Obviously, which is why I went on to point out that there was no point
in including specifics on models.

You would just say, buy Makita and more Makita.

That wasn't the point at all. It is noticable and obvious that
certain manufacturers tend to have good track records on certain tool
types. I gave examples of that. It is therefore reasonable, when
putting together a purchasing short list to factor that in.

I specifically pointed out that sometimes manufacturers have a dud
design, even in a product type in which they normally excell. It
doesn't often happen, but when it does, the product is either fixed or
killed quickly.

As Mike says, the poor ******* who is broke after buying his first hose,
should buy a Makita to do the job around the house?

Depending on the *complete* circumstances.

Once again, you are coming back to the oversimplistic view that
purchase price is the only factor to consider.

Not at all. You buy the tool to suit the job. Buying a £100 Makita to sit in
the cupboard all year is a really silly idea.

Then there is the point of the throw away society of three Ferm/Challege
Extreme, etc for the price of one Makita SDS, with these products having
long guarantees for many of them. Buy two, if one breaks pick up another
and still going and still lots of change in your pocket.

You are just plainly unobjective when
it come to this point.

Actually I'm highly objective and
tend to look at a wide range of