Ash

"Bill Woods" wrote in message
I use METHYLATED SPIRITS as a cleaner in the home and garage. I want
to buy a couple of litres.

At present my local hardware shop sells it for a rather expensive
£1.75 / 500ml.

I don't see meths listed online at any of the websites for Homebase,
Focus or B&Q. Do these DIY chains actually stock meths and what do
they charge?

Or maybe there are cheaper places to buy meths?

ALternatively I am told that ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (also
called ISOPROPANOL) is a good cleaner but the only place I have seen
it is the chemists and they charge handsomely for it! Maybe there is
a cheapish source for ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL?

I bought a couple of half litre bottles a couple of weeks ago (use it in
Trangia Stoves). Went first to Boots, they had none in stock. The
independent chemist opposite had it at £1.25 a bottle.

Ash