Bob G.

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:21:46 +0000, wesf66
wrote:

I use a dowelmax doweling jig, and it works great. It can, however, be
quite time consuming. Are biscuits close to the same strength? They
look like they would be a lot faster, but I thought I'd ask a few
questions before paying a few hundred for a new tool. Are there
significant differances between buscuit jointers? Are there certain
features that I should look for?

I think you have opened a can of worms...lol

I do own a PC biscuit jointer ..and I do use it....

BUT to be very honest I tend to use dowels much more....as they
(Dowel) just seem to "fit" the work I do ...

Not going to comment on the strenght issue... both work well enough
for what I do...

Brands....? I settled on the PC.. BIt only after extensive thought
(2-3 minutes)....

Bob Griffiths