Will

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
Will wrote:

One caution. They point out that the failure mode of a biscuit joint is
"catastrophic Failure" - literally an explosive failure of the joint.

The Mortise and tenon is marginally weaker, but tends to fail in such a
manner as to leave the furniture in one piece -- albeit a bit wobbly.

It is a difference of 3 biscuits fail at 2700 lbs. -- 2 biscuits at 2700
lbs. -- and M&T at 2600 lbs of force..

That 100 lbs isn't enough difference to matter. One could probably find
that difference from one end of a board to the other.
But that 'method' of failure is something to consider.
Those 8 chairs I built could fail 'explosively'?
Gooood.
My ex has them. (She's still a ways away from 2700 lbs, but heading that
way..*EG*)

She just needs to flop down (i.e. "beach") in one of them and you may
have your wish. People tend to ignore "impact" forces in their designs.
Hopefully it was some of your early work and you did not consider such
stresses...

*wringing my hands and snickering in the most evil way*

Yes you are a "truly evil" person. Happy now. LOL

Wishing you "evil happenings" -- but in the nicest way. ;-)

BWaaaahaaa

0¿0
˜

Rob