Larry Bud

Peter Hyde wrote:
In article ,
wesf66 wrote:

I use a dowelmax doweling jig, and it works great. It can,

however, be
quite time consuming. Are biscuits close to the same strength?

They
look like they would be a lot faster, but I thought I'd ask a few
questions before paying a few hundred for a new tool. Are there
significant differances between buscuit jointers? Are there

certain
features that I should look for?

Dowels are about the weakest way of joining wood ever invented. Not
enough effective glue area. Biscuits are better but even Norm

Almighty
seems to have gone off them! (Something about getting slight

depressions
in the surface after it had been finished)

Are you being sarcastic? You glue up with a biscuit, the glue swells
the biscuit, you sand, the glue on the biscuit dries, the biscuit
shrinks, a depression is formed where you sanded.