Duane Bozarth

wesf66 wrote:

I use a dowelmax doweling jig, and it works great. It can, however, be
quite time consuming. Are biscuits close to the same strength? They
look like they would be a lot faster, but I thought I'd ask a few
questions before paying a few hundred for a new tool. Are there
significant differances between buscuit jointers? Are there certain
features that I should look for?

No one else seems to have mentioned...

If you're edge joining and using the dowel/biscuit for alignment, the
strength of the joint isn't in either.

If you're talking about using them in places where otherwise would be
something like a M&T, it's an indeterminate question as posed since any
comparison will depend quite largely on the size/number of the
dowel(s)/biscuits and the loading orientation.