Upscale

wrote in message

Will, I believe that you quoted the article accurately. However, I
have another article published by FWW that says just the opposite. The
M&T was the king of strength, showing three times the more than twice
the strength of double biscuits.

Without any facts to back it up, I'd tend to agree with you. In most
instances, a mortise and tenon has a much larger gluing surface than most
other forms of gluing. Of course, much of this testing applied under
laboratory conditions depends on how pressure is applied to the joint as
compared to how stresses are applied under 'everyday' usage.