Harold and Susan Vordos

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message
snip-----

There was also a couple of Wilson's converted planers there that were

setup
with ~ 15 ft long tilt tables.....along with the std 3d tracer valve, the
pattern and table would both tilt upon -x- axis travel, via a separate
template attached to the bed....

Interesting! Converting old planers must have been fairly common. Not
long after I started my shop ('67) I landed the first serious contract that
got me on my feet, making templates for components for the Boeing 747
superstructure. The job had been handed down through several shops
before it got to me, but prints came from LTV. At any rate, the shop for
which I made the templates (McGee & Hogan, now defunct) used a planer that
had been converted to tracer application by adding two milling heads to it.
I never saw it in operation, but with it they produced four different
components, each of which required four templates, one for each face of the
required parts.

Harold