Robatoy

In article ,
Will wrote:

One caution. They point out that the failure mode of a biscuit joint is
"catastrophic Failure" - literally an explosive failure of the joint.

The Mortise and tenon is marginally weaker, but tends to fail in such a
manner as to leave the furniture in one piece -- albeit a bit wobbly.

It is a difference of 3 biscuits fail at 2700 lbs. -- 2 biscuits at 2700
lbs. -- and M&T at 2600 lbs of force..

That 100 lbs isn't enough difference to matter. One could probably find
that difference from one end of a board to the other.
But that 'method' of failure is something to consider.
Those 8 chairs I built could fail 'explosively'?
Gooood.
My ex has them. (She's still a ways away from 2700 lbs, but heading that
way..*EG*)

*wringing my hands and snickering in the most evil way*

BWaaaahaaa

0¿0
˜

Rob