HMFIC-1369

I think over all you would have to first examine the strength of the glues
and then examine the stress of the project. I would use dowels in the
construction of a heavy worktop and biscuits for a more gentle type table. I
don't think the dowel's would break as quickly as the biscuits but that
would also be dependent on dowel diameter vs. biscuit thickness, one could
possibly place 3 dowels in the same cross area as a biscuit.

as for the tools? I use the more then I can afford method.

"wesf66" wrote in message

I use a dowelmax doweling jig, and it works great. It can, however, be
quite time consuming. Are biscuits close to the same strength? They
look like they would be a lot faster, but I thought I'd ask a few
questions before paying a few hundred for a new tool. Are there
significant differances between buscuit jointers? Are there certain
features that I should look for?

--
wesf66