Mark

What is you plan on making?
Mark

"Justa Beginner" upick1athotmaildotcom wrote in message
Hi everyone, been lurking around for week or so now trying to get the gist
of the group. Anyhow the wife has given me the go ahead to start buying
some woodworking tools for my new hobby. For the last 10 years or so have
not been able to do much physical work because of some illnesses but

within
the last year I have been doing quite well. So now with the signing of a
new contract at work I will be getting a few thousand dollars in back pay
which wife is allowing me to spend on my new hobby. Was looking at
outfitting my entire shop. Table saw, jointer, planer. dust collection,
band saw, drill press, dust collection, some air tools and a multitude of
hand tools, ie, biscuit joiner, drills, sanders, circular saw, jig saw,
clamps, router, etc. I've worked as a carpenter for a number of years

when
i was younger so I have a pretty good idea of safety, how to use tools and
what the different tools can be used for and not be used for. Now sinse I
do not have a whole lot of money to go out and buy top of line tools I

have
been looking at the Delta Shopmaster line and thats pretty much the
direction I am leaning to. Where I live in Canada, norwestern ontario,
there are not alot of options as to where and what brands of tools I can
purchase and see before purchasing but have seen Delta tools at a few
places. My projects are not going to too detailed to start with. The

wife
wants a new garbage can and maybe some toyboxes for the kids, and maybe a
new tv stand for the rec room. Anyways was just wondering what you folks
thought of the Delta Shopmaster line of power tools. Good? Bad? or just
useless? Thanks in advance for any insight or comments and sorry for the
longish post.