Robatoy

In article ,
wesf66 wrote:

I use a dowelmax doweling jig, and it works great. It can, however, bequite
time consuming. Are biscuits close to the same strength? Theylook like they
would be a lot faster, but I thought I'd ask a fewquestions before paying a
few hundred for a new tool. Are theresignificant differances between buscuit
jointers? Are there certainfeatures that I should look for?-- wesf66

I have posted a graphic in ABPW which compares shear/pull strength of
the different methods. Some dowels, tenons, biscuits etc.

Caveat: I did not conduct these tests so I will not vouch for the
accuracy.

But, having said that, I built 8 cherry dining room chairs with doubled
biscuits and after 15 years, not a creak, not a wobble.
Biscuits may not be 'elegant' but they sure are tough if applied right.

I also dare to go out on a limb and state that there is more difference
between brands of biscuits than there is between the better quality
joiners.

YMMV

0¿0

Rob