loutent

I have used both. Biscuits are easier to align and
the joint is very strong. Dowels are more difficult to
align precisely, but very strong also.

I supose someone could calculate the surface area
of a cone (dowel) and compare it to the surface area
of a biscuit of various sizes (00, 10, 20) and come
up with a number for joint strength. Maybe
someone has. I think it is kind of silly because we
use this kind of joinery for "casual" projects.

All that said, I tend to use a biscuit vs a dowel
because it is quicker & easier to align.

For the good stuff, I use M&T & take some time.

Lou

In article , wesf66
wrote:

I use a dowelmax doweling jig, and it works great. It can, however,
be

quite time consuming. Are biscuits close to the same strength? They
look
like they would be a lot faster, but I thought I'd ask a few

questions before
paying a few hundred for a new tool. Are there

significant differances
between buscuit jointers? Are there certain

features that I should look
for?

--
wesf66