Ollie

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
You might find it helpful to DAGS on 'router chip load' - which is one of
the relevant tool factors (others are feed rate, spindle speed, and cutter
geometry) - and, of course, the material being cut has considerations of
its own.

Morris, thanks for the good info. I am still new in this business and the
reference to DAGS was strange to me? What is that?

My question about the reasons for dado cuts was a short hand to ask "What
are the arguments to do the dado cuts with cutter head and what are the
arguments to do the dado cuts with router bits". Your answer indicated,
that there are very few (perhaps none) reasons to use the cutter head if
there is a router bit that can do the job.

Cheers, Ollie