Peter Hyde

In article ,
wesf66 wrote:

I use a dowelmax doweling jig, and it works great. It can, however, be
quite time consuming. Are biscuits close to the same strength? They
look like they would be a lot faster, but I thought I'd ask a few
questions before paying a few hundred for a new tool. Are there
significant differances between buscuit jointers? Are there certain
features that I should look for?

Dowels are about the weakest way of joining wood ever invented. Not
enough effective glue area. Biscuits are better but even Norm Almighty
seems to have gone off them! (Something about getting slight depressions
in the surface after it had been finished)
As far as biscuit jointers go look at the Dewalt or Lamello and then
compare them with the cheap offshore Chaiwanese ones. Buy what you think
is the best for the buck