J. Clarke

Tim Douglass wrote:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:55:09 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:

The miracle here is that the USPS managed to locate Canada.

I can do one better. I once mailed a postcard to Slovenia, and they
actually got it there. I still don't know where the hell Slovenia is.
Score one for the USPS. Their overall average is still pretty dismal
though.

Statistically, the USPS is one of the most reliable delivery services
in the world. They lose a far smaller percentage of the items
entrusted to them than UPS does, for example.

The problem with them is not that they lose the items, it's that they lose
the destinations. Sent a card to someone I've known for 20 years, living
at the same address for 20 years, it came back "address unknown". Funny
thing, UPS had no trouble finding the same address within a week of the
time that the USPS failed to locate it. And she's still living there years
later.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

--