Lucy

"Andy Hill" wrote in message
"Lucy" wrote:
Lately, there is a "thud" sounding noise when I turn on the light switch
in
the living room. The electrical has been upgraded, and it still occurs. I
forgot to ask the electrician about it when he was here.
I don't know the correct terminology, so bear with me.. but it is one of
those light switches that "turns on" an outlet, that a lamp gets plugged
into, rather than a light fixture. (There is no light fixture in the
living
room ceiling or anything.. just the switch that gets turned on.)
Also, and I don't know if this is relevant either.. but there are two
light
switches .. one by the front door (this is the one that makes that 'thud'
noise), and another on the wall by the hallway, that control the same
outlet. Only the one by the front door makes the noise.
Any advice/info appreciated.

Does the thud come from the switch, near the switch, or from somewhere
else?
Was the switch replaced when the "electrical was upgraded"? How loud is
the
thud (i.e., drop a gerbil on the flood thud, drop a bowling ball on the
floor
thud, something in between)?

From the switch, no, the switch wasn't replaced, and as I said earlier, it
has made that noise since before it was upgraded. You put "electrical was
upgraded" in quotation marks, so I'm not sure if I'm even talking to someone
who is familiar with a service upgrade. The gerbil remark makes me almost
certain of it.

Anyone else out there with any advice as to what it could be?
Thanks,
lucy