Default Inspect or not

I recently won a bid for a HUD home. HUD appraisel was 150K. The
cheapest proeprty I actually found on the market in the same
neighborhood was 184K. I won the bid for 137K so I have room to spare.
(House needs paint, carpet, appliances, light fixtures)

Additionally, the house was built in the year 2000 so it is 5 years
old and the builder that built it claims to offer a 10 year,
transferrable warranty. Finally, understanding that HUD isn't going to
fix any problems I may find and I am reasonably confident I can perform
most common home repairs myself, why should I pay/hire a home
inspector?

Thanks.
Anthony