S Viemeister

Default Update from mobile phone virgin on Virgin Mobile

AK wrote:

In the USA you get charged for receiving anything, texts, calls everything.
However they also have inclusive packages that have thousands of free
minutes as a fraction of the cost of our inclusive packages.

Not quite true. It depends on your service provider.
I have an ATT Wireless phone - it costs 10 cents to send texts, but
receiving is free. My son has a VerizonWireless phone, and he is charged 2
cents to receive texts. Some US providers offer free calling and receiving
between their own subscribers.
I find that my UK Orange phones are cheaper to run than my US ATTs.
And I have yet to find a way to get SMS delivery reports on ATT.