Don Foreman

On 2 Mar 2005 21:59:40 GMT, (Charles A.
Sherwood) wrote:

Where can I order Harris solder and flux? MMC doesn't specify brands
and the silver solder that I have ordered from them was made by some
unusual company. I'm pretty sure MSC doesn't carry Harris.

I called Harris and got the name of several local distributors.
I called one and ordered 1 lb of stay bright 3/64 wire for $44.
As a comparison my #106 MMC catalog listed a similar product for
about the same price. I also ordered 1 oz of safetly silv 56 silver
solder for $19. MUCH cheaper than MMC.

For future reference: Brownell's sells a 56% silversolder in .030 dia
and .005 sheet. Jeweller's supply places will have stuff like that
too. They're handy for making small preforms when appearance is
important. It's stronger than Staybrite, but requires considerably
higher temp and the color match with stainless isn't as good because
it has some copper in it.