Doctor Evil

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:51:21 GMT, mike wrote:

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:

I don't feel, and I don't think that I have ever said that *all*

tools
from a particular manufacturer or brand are automatically... bad.

With respect, it appears that's what you're doing he

I basically almost ignore the Power Devil, JCB ...

With respect, that is precisely what I am not doing.

I think most people with a basic grasp of English would think you're
being disingenuous there, Andy. Maybe you just have trouble admitting
when you're wrong.

I have no difficulty in admitting
when I'm wrong

What! I have never known you admit you are wrong at any time. And you are
wrong most of the time.

and have an excellent
command of English, thanks.

That is Little Middle English.

The points made were completely clear
and unambiguous.

Nope. Opinions are from looking at the products. I couldn't find
anything that impressed me.

Oh, right. So IMM looks at a product, expresses an opinion about it and
you lambast him for being uninformed and unequipped to render a
worthwhile conclusion.

Simply look at the information presented, the basis of it, the logic
behind it and it is not that difficult to work out the difference
between remarks and a well thought out analysis of the situation.

But when you do the same, we're supposed to
treat you like Moses returning with a stone tablet. I'm sure someone of
your obvious intellect knows the meaning of the word "hypocrite".

Not at all. You are comparing apples with pears. I haven't asked
you to accept what I have said as being beyond reproach. I've simply
presented what I believe to be a well thought out and studied set of
ideas and the reasons for them. I haven;t said that my approach is
applicable for everybody or anything close to it.

If you find reasoned discussion threatening in some way, that's your
issues, not mine.

Do you really think in your wildest dreams that I would base opinion
of a product that I might or might not buy on the input of IMM?
Please.

Not in my wildest dreams, Andy. It's based on your behaviour on this
list. IMM says something: like Pavlov's dog, you disagree with it. You
couldn't be seen to agree with him. It would reduce your social
standing (in your own mind if no-one else's).

This is complete nonsense

It is totally correct.

I appreciate it's not your
only purchasing criterion.
We've established over a long period that
brand snobbery and the feeling of superiority it gives is the major one.

You haven't established anything of the kind.

Oh, he has.

No, but one might factor Norm's obvious craftsmanship and the respect of
his peers into one's buying decision.

Oh give me a break. Norm's an entertainer, and that's it.

He conjures up some great entertaining woodwork though.

On the other hand, no-one of sentience would base their decision on the
silly, self-aggrandizing proclamations of an arrogant, hectoring windbag
who dresses up his prejudices in a veneer of pomposity and gets off on
bullying people.

There are are two or three regulars, clearly impressed by your ability
to string a sentence together (even if its doesn't stand up to logical
analysis), who'll step in to do some cheer-leading for you when you go
off on one of your regular IMM-baiting stunts, but I notice they've been
more or less absent from this exchange. One hopes they've discovered
some measure of self-respect and realised that hanging out with the
playground bully is a not a position they want to be in.

You have some very strange ideas, unrelated to reality.

Mike is very down to earth, and has hit the nail on the head. Very astute
observation I may say so myself.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download