Fray Bentos

"petek" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have read previous threads on this subject but would like a specific
answer to this question just for clarity.

I am preparing to fit new kitchen units in my son's small Victorian
terraced (rewired a few years ago by previous owners). The existing
cooker is all gas but we are fitting a gas hob/elec oven, built in
cooker. There is an existing double socket outlet just above the
existing worktop close and just to one side of the new cooker position.

Assuming this socket is on a ring (I haven't checked yet but I think it
will be) can I fit a switched FCU as a spur from this socket and then
take a flex cable from the FCU direct to the cooker? Should I fit, in
addition to the FCU, a cooker switch (e.g. 45A D/P with 13A socket)? If
so, should the switch be on the existing socket side of the FCU or on
the cooker side IYSWIM? In fact, if I fit a cooker switch as a spur is
it necessary to have an FCU as well?

In addition I need to connect a fan extractor unit. Can I take a cable
from the existing socket, or from the FCU, or from the cooker switch,
buried in the wall plaster to a single socket somewhere behind the wall
cupboard to provide a socket outlet for the extractor?

Incidentally, I assume all this is probably prohibited by the new regs
(Part P?)but where is the dividing line bewteen what a DIYer can do and
what needs a pucka lecky?

TIA
Petek

The oven should have its own supply from the consumer unit.