Hi, I`m intending to have some work done on my house, and I`m
wondering what effect the following things would have on the property
value.
Firstly, off-road parking is going to make a difference of some
degree, but what I`d like to know is how do the various options
compare, i.e. block paving, concrete, tarmac or gravel. Someone has
told me that "only block paving ads value", someone else has said "it
dosn`t make a difference as long as there`s off-road parking".

Gravels normally a pita, primarily because its usually badly laid. To
make a better gravel drive:

1. Put cement powder down before the gravel.
2. Put larger hardcore down before gravel
3. Compact the gravel with a whacker.

Failure to do these results in the typical slumping weedy muddy patchy
thing one often sees.

BTW block paving is not maintenance free.

Secondly, what kind of per cent would turning the loft into a fourth
bedroom increase the value by?
Thanks
Mark

Will vary, ask estate agents for valuations, or look in papers to get
rough figures.

NT