Lobster

Pete C wrote:
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:07:11 +0000, Pete C
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:52:31 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

We have two identical bar mixer shower valves (similar to the following:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...81667&id=21764)
in which the thermostats both recently seem to have stopped working
properly. Both about 4 yrs old, came from Screwfix originally.

Is it possible to find out from Screwfix who the original manufacturer
is?

You'd think so, but no - they've stopped flogging it now and have no
details on it. Also, as far as Screwfix are concerned they're out of
warranty (wondered if there might be a 5-year one, but they say they'd
have kept a record of that were it the case... hmm.)

It sounds like the wax capsule is getting 'stuck', maybe the
manufacturer would have some ideas on how to cure it, a suitable
grease perhaps.

Sounds like I'd better pull the things to bits, doesn't it?? How do
these wax capsules work/are they dismantleable or anything?

Also are these on a combi boiler?

No, we have an unvented HW system (why do you ask?)

Thanks
David