Dave

[news] wrote:
dave wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:12:23 GMT, raden wrote:

In message . com,
writes

Hi,

I need to see what is happening in the cavity above my kitchen ceiling.
I seem to have a damp patch and suspect a leak from the upstairs
plumbin. Not far away I have some recessed lighting and wondered if a
tool for viewing inaccesible places with a fibreoptic exists ? I could
take out the bulb and use such a device to see what is going on without
having to remove any ceiling stuff.

Kind of like the thing they make you swallow to examine your gut.

£30 camera from maplins, a car bulb and a stick

That's what I used to investigate a wasps nest

Yes camera's probably best. A Borescope, for example...

http://www.professionalequipment.com...qx/default.htm

costs $2695! And endoscopes cost quite a bit more.

naaah, a sigmoidoscope it what's required

OK. I have to ask ;-)

What is the difference between
1 an endoscope
2 boroscope
and
3 a sigmoidoscope?

Dave

Who has used one of these extensively in the aerospace industry and
never knew which one I was using.