John Thomas

"TheNewGuy" wrote in
ups.com:

Thanks JT. I did some searching on Dunlap planes, found references
and some pics; not sure mine is (and now seeing DLs post below w/ the
Ebay link), because the Dunlaps I found pics of all said that on the
wedge iron; mine says Craftsman (though my pics don't show it).

But yes, the connection to the past is the most valuable part.

-Chris

Chris,

I should have been a bit more specific; Sears has (almost) all of their
stuff made by someone else -- I think Whirlpool makes (or made) Kenmore
washer/dryers, for example.

So while your plane says "Craftsman", I'm pretty sure it was made by
Dunlap -- as it looks just like the Dunlap plane that I've got, and
others that I've seen.

But as before, clean it up, use it, and smile!

Regards,

JT