Richard Sterry

Default Pump & Shower piping

Andy Hall wrote:
And a PS. The obvious cold feed to use for the pump might be straight
from the mains, I haven't checked. Would that be a bad idea?

It must be directly from the cold tank and not the mains. Don't let
him bodge it by tapping into a pipe in the airing cupboard.

In other words, don't do what the prat who installed the power shower in our
house (before we bought it), has done. In fact, he (I assume it was a "he"),
has carefully ignored almost ALL the installation requirements in the
manufacturer's data sheet. Frankly, it's a wonder that it works, and work it
does - surpringly well in fact. However, when I get "a round tuit", I must
plumb the thing in properly. In theory it's a simple enough thing to do, but
as I would have to undo half a dozen other bodgeups at the same time, it's
not exactly a five-minute job. Five hours might be nearer the mark, with a
lot of sweating and swearing. I'll probably leave it until we have the
bathroom refurbished, when we can dispense with the separate pump in the
loft and fit one of these combined units with the pump inside the shower
unit itself.

Bodgers should be publicly executed. It takes very little effort to do the
job right to begin with, but it often takes a very great deal of effort to
put things right later.

Rant over!

Rick