Duane Bozarth

Jim Bailey wrote:

Just got off Amazon's return pages. Within minutes I had an email
confirmation of the new order and that it would be shipped UPS 2 day. And a
link to print a prepaid return label ! All i have to do is get it back to
them within 30 days or they'll charge me for both units.

I'm impressed !

....Yeah, as long as the automated engine(s) do what you want to do, it
works pretty well...questions out of the ordinary aren't necessarily so
clean, however.

Their interaction system for odd/unusual events is very difficult--they
hide their responders behind anonymous addresses and have only a
web-based engine that removes all context for any response to theirs.
Since it's also not a case of where a single individual will follow up
on the original it often takes a bunch of tries to finally get the
actual issue resolved. Of course, Amazon is far from unique in this w/
online stores--Dell, for example, is a real pita if one has anything
that doesn't fit the normal model.

Not a rant, per se, just an observation having a concurrent issue
pending...