Pete C.

Ecnerwal wrote:

In article ,
"Pete C." wrote:
Personally I don't think it really makes much difference which way they
are mounted, particularly when you consider the case of horizontally
mounted outlets. In that case should the ground be on the left or the
right???

Left, so that the uppermost blade is the neutral blade, not the hot
blade.

Makes some sense, but if I were an inspector I'd be much happier to see
people installing spec grade receptacles diagonally than to see
residential grade installed at all, ground up or down.

The quality of the residential grade receptacles goes from "iffy" from
the major brands to "downright scary" for lesser brands.

Pete C.