Tim Wescott

jim rozen wrote:

In article , Ignoramus24456 says...

Some pix of it can be seen he

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Curt.../02_Installed/

Nice installation.

*ahem*

The 120 volt receptactles are installed upside down - the
ground connection goes on top, the way the 240 volt ones
were done.

Just a nit pick!

Jim

A long long time ago when my Parent's shop was inspected by OSHA we got
dinged (but not cited) for having outlets with the ground pin up, the
reasoning being that with the pin down the last thing that'll go will be
the safety ground.

Since then I've always installed them with ground pin down, and IIRC
most power strips have them down when the writing is correct.

Of course the inspectors seemed to be much more heavily schooled in the
idea that if you have employees you're automatically evil than they were
in electrical theory, but still...

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services