281. I have one of these so I took it to work and asked there. They
used to have a boot factory here and a guy said they used the end to
pry out tacks in the boots, apparently the tacks were temporary until
the boots were sewn up. He said the sawblade part was to pry out tacks
also.He told me more than I need to know about making boots,and he
mentioned glueing and vulcanizing, so my guess would be the sawblade
like part was for roughing up parts for glueing or vulcanizing. My
guess is it's a tack puller/scarificator.