BP

In Mass. I am paying $5.00 per foot to install ceramic, $6.00 a foot for
stone tile, *on fully prepped floors*. Preparation includes underlayment and
fastening, cleaned, and bonding agent applied. The Installer sometimes
supplies the thin set mortar, sometimes not. I supply tile and grout and any
additives, and sometimes pay for the thin set.
What is travertine?

wrote in message
oups.com...
In my area, the tile installation seems to be very costly. A couple of
quotes that I got for installation of travertine floors was around $15.
$4.50 is for teh material and the rest is for installation. Even a
$1.00 tile is $6.00 to install.
I live in Middle TN and I was wondering if this was a common pricing
pattern.

Thank

Tunc